Need people to find your post more easily? Need to associate your post with a specific topic? Hashtags help tie your posts together with trending topics, and also help others search for them via the platform. Adding hashtags to your post is a simple process. Here’s how:
- Open the Publisher Box.
- Locate the # symbol below the text area.
- Click on it to insert a #.
- Without leaving a space after the # mark, enter a term you would like to associate with your post. (for example: #politics)
- The hashtag will link itself to the search term added after the # mark.
- Add a space after the hashtag.
- Repeat this process until you have added the tags you want.
- Be advised that you can also just type the # symbol and tag without pressing the # button on the publisher box.
- Enter your text into the text area. (optional)
- Click the Publish button when complete.
Hashtags can be put into ANY post. This means you can associate your images and videos with specific topics by using hashtags. When a user searches for the term you used as a hashtag, they have a high chance of seeing your post.
Hashtags must follow the Terms of Service and not be excessive in nature. This means do not spam the same hashtag more than once inside of a single post.