Uploading a file is different than uploading images & videos in one simple way: It allows adding non-media files to posts. Often times, this feature is used to distribute media PDF files that contain materials for distribution as well as adding a ZIP file for a new theme you have made. To upload a file:
- Open the Publisher Box.
- Click on Upload Files.
- A file navigation window will open.
- Locate the file you wish to upload and click on it.
- Press the Open button on the file browser window.
- This will add the file to your post and will show as a preview below the post text area.
- Add text to your post. (optional)
- Press Publish to add the post and file to your timeline.
File Upload Rules and Types
Because of the obvious threat that unmanaged files can pose to both servers and users, we impose specific restrictions on the types of files we allow, and the legality of those files. Failure to follow proper policy will result in deletion of the post/file , and often times a report to a government agency based on the legality of such file. In other words, be mindful of the following restrictions and adhere to them:
- No files may contain malicious code such as malware, viruses, worms, ransomware, etc.
- The file being presented must be owned by you, and not under any personal license.
- The file must not be cracked, hacked, or presented in any non-legal format in which is was not intended.
- Files are subject to removal at any time, for any reason due to space constraints.
The mime types (file types) that Mumblit accepts are:
Any other file types, other than images and videos, will not upload. An error will be encountered, and will let you know that the file type is not valid.
The maximum upload size of any file is 1GB.