As a Free speech supporting social network, we aim to ensure high levels of usability and an environment that does not evolve into things we do not support. Because of this, we have a few basic things that are agreed to each time you log in to the site and post content. Although this may seem a bit like community standards, they are more clear and actually have a purpose. Please abide by the following terms:
- 1. Do not threaten harm, or death, on a specific person or group of people. This includes race, gender, nationality, religious affiliation, and other protected statuses under federal laws. Content should not depict these actions, intentions, or otherwise implied depictions of such behaviors and opinions.
- 2. No pornography, depictions of pornography, or otherwise extremely distasteful imagery of a sexual nature. If you have any questions whether it should be posted, there is a good chance it should not.
- 3. Do not post illegal files. This includes warez, pirated files, unlicensed software that has been cracked, ect.
- 4. Spamming is a big no-no. Spam is defined as a link posted with no actual substance or usefulness attached to it. If you are here to just keep spamming your website link outside of a business-related page, it will not go well for you. Spamming also constitutes posting indirect links from competing social media sites simply to gain traffic for the social site. Excessive spamming of these sites will result in deletion of posts related to them, and eventually banning of the account engaging in this practice.
- 5. Verbal Abuse of adminstration or moderators will not be tolerated. Administrators reserve the right to terminate your account for violation of this policy. Remember, you agree to the terms each time you log in, so it is YOUR responsibility to ensure you follow them.
There are several levels of penalties levied for violation of the rules, with banning and removal of account being the most severe. Mumblit reserves the right to remove any content that is in violation of this policy. If you feel that your content has been removed wrongly, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and request a review of the content. However, most often decisions are final, and are only implemented when the content blatantly goes against our policy.